A good gift shows you care enough about someone to really consider what they might like. Here are some ideas to focus your thoughts and get you started towards finding a gift they'll never forget!
1. Make the present an event. Create a date night card explaining that you will visit a local winery, brewery, or whiskey distillery for an evening of tasting AND that you have the date/babysitter already set up(and make sure you really do!) Attach a wine/liquor stopper or beer opener with ribbon to their favorite wine, 6 pack of IPA, or whiskey bottle. Be sure to personalize your Divine Wine Designs gift with their initial!
*Better than a date card for a future evening would be to plan to do this one evening during Valentine's weekend.
2. Plan an overnight or weekend trip. Check out train or flight schedules and plan an overnight or weekend winery trip. Here in KC~ Hermann, MO is a wonderful, inexpensive overnight trip by train or car and has many fabulous wineries! Have the babysitters lined up, dates on the calendar planned(look online for weekends with music/festivals), print tickets, and put into a cool trunk(Michaels and Hobby Lobby both have some fairly inexpensive unique, vintage looking trunks~ don't forget to print off your online coupon!) Simply fill the trunk with a bottle of wine with a personalized wine stopper attached with ribbon around the neck of bottle, 2 wine glasses, and plane/train tickets. Voila!!! You have a perfect, thoughtful get-away night/weekend. The best part is that it's a gift that won't just get thrown to the side but will also strengthen your relationship(or make you want to kill them. One or the other, but at least you'll get a break from the kids- right?!)
3. Make a list of all the things the person is interested in and things that define who they are. Spend at least two full minutes writing down as many things as you can. It could look like this~
Susie~ loves to laugh, is a doctor, worships her dog and God, loves to play softball and watching the Royals, favorite colors are pink and green, wine drinker, travel
Simply send DWD this list, and we will take all of the pressure off of you! According to the list above~ we might create a beaded wine glass with pink and green glass beads. I also might attach charms that said~ "I laughed so hard tears ran down my leg!", an initial S, physician, I Bleed Blue and White, compass, dog, and/or a cross charm.
If you would like to make the gift a bit more grand~ simply put a little tissue or rafia inside the wine glass to protect the glass and place a stopper of your choice inside the glass.
There's no way to go wrong with this choice. It's not too expensive and is practical, as I'm assuming it might be used often;) Your Valentine will most certainly know how much thought was put into the gift and they will remember your thoughtfulness each time in the future he/she sips out of the wine glass/beer mug!! This will ensure many kudos to you in the future from others who envy the amazing gift YOU basically designed!
4. Make them laugh. Choose one of the sarcastic, silly charms that DWD provides and attach it to any of our products!! Here are some of our favorites~
1. I Don't Slur When I'm Drunk. I Speak in Cursive!
2. Wine does not make you fat - it makes you LEAN (against tables, walls, ugly people...)
3. Wine is the answer. What is the question?
4. Our family has some frickin' twisted roots!
5. Hide your crazy!
6. Ever notice 'What the Hell' is always the right decision?
7. A friend will bail you out of jail. A true friend will be sitting beside you saying 'Damn, that was fun!'
*Great for a single friend on Valentine's Day!
5. Cook an Italian Extravaganza~ that's amore! If you love to cook and he/she loves wine~ why not plan for an evening at home to cook a special Italian meal! You know the saying, "When the world shines like you've had too much wine---"That's Amore." Make your special someone's night shine for the evening!
Create a gift basket filled with specialty pasta noodles, a great sauce, olive oil, and OF COURSE a great bottle of red! These days there are many specialty stores that sell delicious olive oil and balsamic vinaigrette bottles. You know where I'm going with this- right?!! DWD stoppers work in many olive oil/vinaigrette bottles, as well as in wine and liquor bottles, so don't forget to add a stopper to the basket that could be used for the olive oil, balsamic, or bottle of wine~ love multi use items such as these bottle stoppers!
6. Sports Lover~ Many of us either are currently dating or have dated someone that is a CRAZY sports fanatic!!! Here in Kansas City~ I think just about everyone is a huge Royals and/or Chiefs fan! Especially after the awesome year we just had with the Royals WINNING the World Series and the Chiefs being in the playoffs! How about creating a Royals or Chiefs themed gift? Simply include a wine/beer glass, wine stopper, and beer opener that will be decked in colors/charms of their favorite team. Oh.... and if you'd like to get extra fancy~ purchase tickets to one of their favorite team's games, and stick them into the glass!
7. Help them relax!! This is a personal favorite;) Put together a gift trunk/basket that is meant for complete relaxation. In it include a robe, great scented soaps, bubble bath, bath oil, candles, a wine glass, bottle of wine, and 1(or both;) of the AMAZING faucet bottle stoppers shown below! DWD bottle stoppers have many different purposes, including use as a decorative piece on a bubble bath bottle! (Again~ Hobby Lobby or Michaels have many pretty glass bottles that are perfect for filling bath oils/soaps!)
Above all~ this is a perfect time of year to show appreciation to all those that you hold dear in your life~ significant others, friends, children, and other family members. We all are loved daily by so many, and this is the perfect time of the year to show those around us just how much they mean. Happy Valentine's Day everyone!